Friday, April 25, 2014

HAIR!!

I've been changing drastically over the past few months. Everything about me is getting an overhaul. I didn't just wake up and decide I was going to change, a series of events brought everything on. And since this blog really only focuses on the "shallow" stuff, my ever-changing self includes MY HAIR.

I have mastered pincurls and fingerwaves. I have been known to sleep in wave clips to achieve my perfectly sculpted hair. Let's swoon over some fingerwaves, shall we?

*sigh*

From 2001 until 2012 I wore my hair in a dutch bob with "Bettie Page" bangs. My last bob haircut was in September 2012 and I have been growing it out since. Except the short bangs. I kept them because I figured it gave my mundane, straight, long hair a "look." Lately my hair has been long enough to make two braids. With the Bettie Bangs the hairdo was instant 1940s with very little effort! But with my change in style, I'm beginning to grow the bangs out.

I've been practicing my beehive. Yes. I want high, high hair. It still needs more growth and I still need more practice, but I keep at it each day. And I have my 1960s pictures as inspiration:

Female impersonator LaVerne Cummings

Style icon Lisa Reed

I'm currently trying to train my part to go backwards instead of in the middle. With the length of my hair, I can flip it or ponytail it, or just let it hang. I'm hoping to have my "craft" ready for the Queer & Kinky Cabaret next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making 2020 Interesting

I know this used to be a sewing blog, but I have only sewn two thing in two years. I plan to start doing in again in the upcoming months as...